(973) 691-2316 or Email
Game | Medicine Bag | Corn Husk Doll |
Burden Basket | Coloring Page
|Indians of the Eastern Woodlands
played games with what they had around them. Simple games of
"aim and toss" were played with the shuttlecock.
- Dried corn cobs
- Feathers (available in packages at
craft supply store)
- Teacher using nail,
pre-"drill" a hole into the soft end of the corn
cob. Make this rather deep, so the children can fit 2 feathers
into the hole.
- Have children select 2 feathers,
insert them into hole
- Glue around the feather shaft and in
Game to play
- Each player needs one
shuttlecock. The game needs one hula-hoop
- Choose a "judge". The
judge will roll the hula-hoop.
- Form 2 equal teams
- Have the teams stand in 2 lines facing
each other about 10 feet apart.
- The judge rolls the hula-hoop between
the 2 lines.
- The members of one team try to throw
their shuttlecocks through the hoop as it rolls by. Team
members must stay in line.
- The judge gives the team one point for
each shuttlecock that goes through the hoop.
- The winner is the team with the most
created and hosted by Site Magic
Copyright © 2002 [Lenape
Lifeways]. All rights reserved.
Revised: June 29, 2014