(973) 691-2316 or Email
Medicine Bag |
Corn Husk Doll | Burden Basket |
|The Lenape had a game similar
to the "Bowl Game". In prehistoric times, the bowl was
of wood and the "chips" were made from bone, and painted with
charcoal or natural plant dyes.
- Styrofoam plate or meat tray
- Large flat bowl or pie pan
- 48 counting sticks (craft sticks or
- magic markers
- Assembling game
- Cut six circles out of the Styrofoam.
Use a small lid as a grade so that they are all the same size.
- Decorate one side of each of the
circles with the markers.
Playing the game
- Put the six Styrofoam circles in the
- One player flips the circles up in the
bowl, catches them back in the bowl, and adds up score.
- The next player takes a turn.
- If a circle lands design side up, it
counts as one point.
- If a circle lands blank side up, it
counts as zero.
- The player takes a counting stick for
each point earned.
- When the 48 counting sticks are gone,
players count their sticks to see who has the most.
created and hosted by Site Magic
Copyright © 2002 [Lenape
Lifeways]. All rights reserved.
Revised: June 29, 2014